Friday, April 13, 2012

Failing at Friday Picture Show 4-13-12

So apparently Friday the 13th isn't my lucky day. I had my entry for the Friday Picture Show all written  and, between kids and . . . more kids, I forgot to post it.

Yes. Yes, I am an idiot.

I'm angry at myself, too, because this week's prize was a chance to have the winner's entry published in Haunted Waters Press's online literary publication.

Oh well. Here's my entry anyway.


The theme was all about what has been left behind. The picture prompt:




Time stopped. Anxiety clutched at her chest. Breathing became difficult. What should she do now?  This wasn’t in the plan. Wait. What was the plan? Status quo. Maintain. That’s always been the plan. But shouldn’t she want to move forward? But that meant abandoning the past.

She chewed her cheek. The past. Hmm. Past. Passed. As in, over, not coming back. She was moving forward whether she wanted to or not.

Leah looked at Roger, down on one knee in front of her, ring box open in his hand. He was awaiting her answer.

“Yes,” she smiled. “I’ll marry you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment